The Effective Engineer
1. Own your story — Take ownership of your own learning, rather than waiting for opportunity to come to you.
2. Invest in tools — If you have to do something manually twice, write a tool for the third time.
3. Incrementally validate your assumptions — Break into testable hypothesis (i.e A/B test) and validate to make sure you’re building right thing for customers, users, members of team.
4. Do the simple thing first — Always challenge yourself and team, “Is this the simplest thing that you can do?”
5. Improve the engineering culture so that new engineers who join the team can ramp much more quickly.