The Dependency Management Solved
So in order for me to develop an Ionic App on my Mac. I have to:
- Install XCode, so that I can install Homebrew.
- Install Homebrew, so that I can install NPM.
- Install NPM, so that I can install Ionic.
Ok, how about Python/Django
- Install Python so that I can install Pip
- Install Pip so that I can install Pyhton Dependencies
- Install Ruby so that I can install Gem
- Install Gem so that I can install Sass
- Install Sass so that I can compile sass files in the stylesheets
Yeah and if your friendly neighborhood frontend developer is a bit serious, I also need to:
- Let’s omit the part until Npm :)
- Install Npm so that I can install Webpack
- Install Webpack so that I can ”pack” the JS files
As the tech community, we really did a good job on this dependency management solutions.