How to Monetise Your Closet

Image for post
Image for post

Some people have spare rooms and apartments to make them some extra cash, and there are others like us who have BIG wardrobes filled with potential money.

We all have been through that feeling of having a closet full of dresses, suits, turtlenecks, accessorise, shoes and expensive bags that we bought as investment pieces that end up on the back of our closets not getting a lot of love. All while, we start pondering how we do not have anything fun nor exciting to wear, and we end up buying some more.

It does create a vicious cycle that we can’t seem to pull ourselves from. It creates clutter in our life, we start becoming hoarders. Maria Kondo wouldn’t be proud of us for sure.

Just take a minute and have a quick think about your past purchases:

How about that dress you bought for Anna’s wedding?

The suit you bought for that gala night?

The trench coat you thought you would wear all the time?

Or that overly priced bag you bought as an investment piece but didn’t make anything out of it?

It does make you feel guilty about the constant need we have to consume new things. On our defence, we live in a world that wants us to buy all the time. It gets hard to navigate the space on how to shop concisely in a world that pushes you to buy all the time even at the cost of our environment and the garment workers working in the fast fashion industry.

Only 20 per cent of the clothes in the average person’s closet are worn regularly. You can turn the other 80 per cent of that clutter into cash. This is where Retell comes in, we make it easy and secure to lend your items. You’re in full control of your availability, prices, and how you interact with potential renters.

You get to turn your pieces into an investment, extend their lifespan, and reduce your carbon footprint. Good stuff.

Here is how it goes: You register. Upload presentable pictures of your items. Get requests for renting them. Rent the items for a few days, weeks, months you decide. Get money. Restart again.

It’s about time our closets become our moneymakers, and we all become active citizens through our wardrobe.

We are launching soon. So make sure to subscribe at www.theretell.com to get the latest news and get notified when we launch. If you have any questions, feel free to email us at rteam@theretell.com.

Peer-to-peer rental platform. Retell your story by expressing yourself through well made fashion pieces, while encouraging sustainability. Launching soon.

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store