AJAX..What is it good for?
Advantages of AJAX
- Faster response which results in an increase in performance and speed.
- Provides a more seamless user experience.
- It can handle various datatypes like JSON, XML, HTML, etc.
- Allows us to have a more compact application, avoiding the need for several pages.
- AJAX is widely used companies like Google, Quora etc.
Disadvantages of AJAX
- It can increase development time as its not easy to implement.
- Security is a concern, as files are downloaded client-side.
- Indexing problems which might effect SEO and navigation. Since AJAX content is produced dynamically in the browser, they are not visible to crawlers. Though there is an implementation of a ‘parallel universe’ which you can use to overcome this hurdle.
Example of an AJAX call.