Practicing everyday happiness to boost your success
In Psychology, happiness is a mental or emotional state of well-being which can be defined by positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy.
According to Shawn Achor, who is a psychologist by profession and an author of the famous book “The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success and Performance at Work”
“ 90% of happiness is predicted not by the external world, but the way your brain process the world ”
So, yeah it means happiness is a choice. No matter what circumstances are around us, we can still find a way to be happy and positive.
I myself often have a mix of feelings, of being depressed, sad or unimportant, become unhappy or get a bit stressed.
There are a plenty of ways to get rid of this chaos and be happy.
- Many studies have focused on the role of physical exercise not only in keeping us fit, but also in improving other aspects of our physical and mental health.
- Get your creativity on! People who engage in creative pursuits every day have a greater sense of well-being.
- And the last thing from my side, Learn to treat yourself with kindness — and then extend that generosity to others.
There are also really helpful techniques or tools which we can use to divert our attention from the negatives sides or less positive sides to the positive or more positive sides of our lives suggested by Shawn Anchor.
- Gratitude means to show others how much you value their support, help, and efforts towards yourself.
- Journaling means to write down whatever comes to mind.
- Exercise to go out and workout in fresh air to stay calm and get energy.
- Medication means to breathe in and out air which relaxes your mind.
- Random acts of kindness are to help others whenever possible. By seeing them smiling you will be happy too as emotions are contagious.
By applying these in my life, I got my internal peace. I helped people whenever possible. It made me inner satisfied, stay relive, positive and happy all the day. I also used gratitude tool which is an amazing way to make anyone happy as everyone wants their efforts to be acknowledged and praised.