Test conditions of mobile testing. Emulator vs Simulator
Specific test conditions of mobile testing:
- Interupt conditions (Incoming message, Call)
- Battery (Different Level)
- Carriers testing,
- Many devices (iOS, Android, etc)
- Security (data leverage — isn’t leaked from log files).
- Emulator vs device. Popular cloud based emulators — Saucelabs, Browserstack
Nice to have most popular smartphones for testing.
Usability and the User Experience issues probably occur more often than compared to iOS. Because of different manufacturers
Emulator vs. Simulator
In wikipedia: Emulator emulating soft, Simulator — simulating hardware and soft (closer to reality).
In real: Emulator — Android Studio. Simulator — Xcode
Simulation = For analysis and study
Emulation = For usage as a substitute
How to get logs:
Android Emulator (How to use)