Periscope Needs You!
Get on NOW
There are open niches to be filled in Periscope. There are opportunities to grow a following, begin a brand, inspire people, share music or recipes…
I think of the future when more of us will be mirroring on @AppleTV and hilariously using our big screen as our second screen… our 55' peripherals to our cellular apparatus’.
It’s counterintuitive but that’s what’s happening.
It’s Mondy night and I feel as though I’m flipping channels as I go in and out of rooms on Periscope. I leave @GrantCardone after I feel adequately motivated and go into @BradManTV to be amazed by the fact that he’s talking to the stars of Jurassic World and then go into @KirkFox ‘s room to see him hunt serial killers…
You might not get it.
At the moment I follow 443 people. The funny thing is that I need more.
I’d like this article to serve as a discussion for what people would like to see on Periscope.
- Personal Trainer — How awesome would it be to interact with a personal trainer in real time? It would be easy to format. A discussion before and after the workout. Viewers would have the video playing on they’re television through AppleTV mirroring or a computer. Bam! Million dollar idea free from your boy @ryan_a_bell
- Children’s Shows — My favorite show is a sock puppet… I see a future in which children and parents can interact with a puppets.
- Florist — Relaxation. Just put some flowers together and use a soft voice. I’ll watch you forever.
- Baker — See #3. I want to watch you make the cookies and cakes.
- Babywearer — My wife loves wraps. She collects these expensive linen things and she’s so very stylish and uses different ties and holds (almost as though she were a wrestler).
The possibilities are endless. Cooking show, craft beer, horse training, life on a farm, military life, zoo keeper, the next Bob Vila, wedding planning, dance instructor, mechanics corner, bedtime stories…
We’re still in the early adoption phase. The funny thing is that you can be a natural at Periscope. You can have a popular show. You’re just not going to know unless you try.
There are beautiful things happening…
It’s a Monday and I’m watching @AmandaOleander with rapt wonderment as she paints another beautiful canvas in a full broadcast. She inspires, creates and connects. It’s glory on a smudged screen. During these times as I see her counts reach 20M hearts and her following near 150K that I begin to wonder about her life prior to Periscope…
Even that is beautiful to me.
I put this on Medium so that you could add your two cents. Put some ideas to the right of mine (#MediumFanBoy). I’m all about the discussion. Your reach may just help inspire the next superstar…
Or you might be next.