Meeting of the Minds Group Blogging Event “Dear 2015”.
The year is 2050. Write a letter to the people of 2015 describing what your city is like, and give them advice on the next 35 years.
An open letter to the citizens of 2015:
Hello from the future.
It’s 2050 and boy have times changed. Back then you were consumed by reality TV shows, the NFL, automobiles, natural disasters, & Donald Trump’s hair. A lot has changed in 35 years:
- Humans driving cars became too dangerous, so San Francisco made it illegal
- All cars are autonomous (and some even fly!)
- Parking is a thing of the past, all public space you can see have been rebuilt as either affordable housing, parks, bike paths or parklets
- There are now five ‘titan cities’ of over 50 million people: Mumbai, Delhi, Shanghai, Mexico City & Sao Paolo
- Although most cities corrected this mistake, San Francisco still suffers from a housing shortage, corrupt politicians, & chronic homelessness.
My advice to you is be apart of the solution. Whether it be solving transportation woes or being an active voice in your community, don’t sit on the sidelines and watch. Be apart of the change you want to see in your neighborhood, city & country.