There is Radon in Your Home : Find Out Why You Need To Act!

Radon is a cancer-causing radioactive gas. You cannot see, smell or taste Radon. It comes up from the ground, seeping into basements and crawl spaces, especially in our neck of the woods!

https://www.epa.gov/radon/

Buncombe county is listed as Zone 1 by the EPA (average indoor radon screening levels greater than 4 pCi/L). For reference , 4 pCi/l= 4 pico Curies per liter or approximately 12,672 radioactive disintegrations in one liter of air, during a 24-hour period.

That’s a lot of radioactivity…

https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/dcpc/pdf/householdradon.pdf

According to the Surgeon General, Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States today.

The CDC even has Radon listed as the number one cause of home-related deaths!

Okay, so Radon is radioactive, dangerous, and in my house. What should I do?

You could spend thousands of dollars to have a ‘Radon Mitigation System’ installed and a monitor to keep track of Radon levels.

http://www.radon.com/radon_epa/#prettyPhoto[gal_rel_2928]/14/

OR…

By simply creating a positive flow of air to your basement or crawl space and adding some ventilation the problem can be resolved through dilution and pressurization! In short, just install a fan and a few vents ;)

The EPA guidelines show that the pressurization method is the most effective at reducing Radon levels. Our experience at Ryan’s Handyman Service has shown that it is also the cheapest.

Solve your Radon woes, before it’s too late!

🔌 Ryan’s Handyman Service — 828-989-6095

Serving Buncombe County with Dependable, Reliable & Professional Service