Snapstorm: What is Identity? Self-sovereign Identity and the Blockchain
Today I was inspired to get outside and record a video (a stapstorm or storm of snapchat clips) on some thoughts that have been floating around my head regarding identity.
In the video, I look at the concept of identity through a philosophical lens, attempting to get at the core of what identity really is. Then, I move on to the applicability of identity to blockchain technology and introduce the concept of self-sovereign identity. A more complete list of topics can be found below.
And if you’re interested in more snapstorms by members of the Blockstack community, follow Blockstack on Snapchat.
- The distinction between identity and essence
- The Ship of Theseus (Theseus’ Paradox)
- Aristotle’s four causes of existence
- Time as a fourth dimension and temporal indicators of identity
- The blockchain as a provider of temporal continuity
- Linking real world identity to cryptographic identity
- Self-sovereign identity as an alternative to hierarchical issuance models
Thoughts? Comments? Tweet them at me: @ryaneshea.