6 Reasons Why You Should Choose Aluminum Window Shutters Over Other Types
Window shutters generally come in three types — wood, aluminum and UPVC (Unplasticised Poly Vinyl Chloride). Among these three, aluminum metal window shutters are a very popular choice among homeowners because of the various advantages they offer over wooden and UPVC types. Some of the benefits of aluminum window shutters include -
- Superior Protection: Aluminum is a far stronger material than wood or UPVC. In situations where there is an intense storm or hurricane and the debris is flying around hitting the window shutters, having them be aluminum will ensure that the debris never breaks through into the rooms. As such, if you live in stormy areas or are simply looking for the highest protection available, then aluminum metal window shutters are your best option.
- Sleek Appearance: Aluminum gives a very sleek appearance that neither wood nor UPVC can manage. Wooden shutters are often used in homes with a traditional look and feel. But if your home is designed as per modern trends or have a slightly futuristic feel to it, then choosing aluminum as the material for your window shutters should be a no-brainer.
- Cost Savings: A huge benefit of aluminum window shutters is that it is cheaper compared to wooden shutters. Wooden shutters may need to be varnished or glazed in order to make them more appealing, and this makes them more expensive than aluminum. So, if you are split choosing between wooden and aluminum window shutters, the cost benefit alone should make you choose the latter.
- Multiple Colors: Aluminum window shutter comes in multiple colors. You can also easily customize them so that their color seamlessly complements your home and surrounding property. In contrast, UPVC shutters usually come in white. You can customize their color if you wish to, but this will push up the cost of UPVC shutters very high. Hence, aluminum is easily the best option you have for installing inexpensive window shutters with custom colors.
- Lower Maintenance: The maintenance costs of aluminum are very low compared to wood. Since aluminum is a metal, it won’t accumulate too much dirt and is not subject to rot. In contrast, wooden window shutters often attracts dirt and dust particles that might settle on them tightly. And you will need to spend time on them to keep it clean. Plus, wood is also subject to rot if not properly maintained. In contrast, once you install aluminum window shutters, you only need to take care of them sparingly.
- Highly Customizable: Aluminum shutters are highly customizable. You can adapt them to fit into any kind of opening. In contrast, UPVC shutters have many size limitations and cannot be easily adapted according to the window openings. So, if you have windows that have unusual size or shape, go with aluminum shutters rather than UPVC.
If you are impressed by the benefits offered by aluminum shutters and wish to install them at your house, consult with the local home care or equipment vendor. They will be able to recommend you aluminum shutters that meet the specifications of your home.