Ex. 10.3 Television Advertising Critique Sheet
Name: Apple Watch Series 2
- Visual effects to define location: work office, pond, golf course, forest, Northern lights, water-slide, outdoor trampoline, basketball court, beach, ally of a city, cycling red dirt hills, tunnel, pool, gym, elevator, skydiving in air, water balloon fight, color run and ocean (many locations).
- Sound effects used to define action: Song by Beyoncé — fast pace, adventurous, dominant, adrenaline rushing
- Format used: Slice of life, a story board of all video — audio being the Beyoncé song through the entire commercial to build suspense.
- Brief synopsis of ad: Apple put a 1:00 minute television ad together that comprised of many different scenes. Each scene represented all the different moments of a millennial's fast pace life anywhere from an office at work to skydiving and everything in between. The commercial also had a subtle multicultural theme, representing all of the major ethnic groups. No dialog was used in the making of this ad outside of the Beyoncé featured song.
- Target market: The millennial generation / young adults (20–35 years), people with high energy, living busy, fun and spontaneous lives
- Benefits offered by ad: The ad creates a feeling of motivation and relatedness with the high energy and fun audience to buy the watch that is durable and can keep up with someone’s lifestyle of quickly changing environments.
- Call to action: Yes, to live boldly and purchase the apple watch series 2 that will endure the rough elements of life.
word count: 253