Importance of effective ERP Training for Employees
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems have become a mainstay for businesses since last few decades. Not to forget, behind a successful organisation that uses ERP solution is its workforce, which is well-trained and proficient in using the system to the fullest. Optimum employee training plays a pivotal role in successful implementation and adoption of an ERP solution.
Inefficient or inferior training to employees might result in delays in ERP adoption followed by increased costs. Proper and efficient training thus helps to avoid the risks of delayed adoption and implementation, bugs, breakdowns and other roadblocks.
Following are a few factors that play a huge role in effective ERP training session for employees for successful implementation:
- Allocation of time for Training: For effective training, allocation of sufficient time is a must. Training should cover all aspects of the ERP’s features requires for the end-users. Classroom base training should be conducted to understand the concept of ERP software. It is advisable to kick-off the training sessions at least 40–45 days before the go live date.
- Super user training: Even though you are conducting training session to every stakeholder in your company, it is imperative to identify super users or experts from your workforce and arrange an extensive training for such users. This helps in smooth support to end users before the system goes live.
To learn about some of the biggest challenges in ERP implementation, click here. Eye-openers!
- Highlighting business process: ERP training session ought to be devised in line with business processes. It should explain day-to-day jobs of employees that they would perform within the ERP system. It should contain inputting data in the ERP software, extracting information from the system and sharing of information from one user to the other within the ERP system.
- Mode of Training: Learning abilities differ from one person to other. This is why ERP training should not be limited to classroom training alone. Training database should configure for Test transactions as well. User manual, presentation slides and video tutorials should be made available for all.
- Technical Training: A selected number of IT users should be trained for mastering the technical aspects of the ERP system, so that they can write the script, generate reports and run queries in the database for specific requirements as well for taking database backups.
To know more about how employees can revive your business process with Sage ERP solutions, click here. You can also write to Sage Software Solutions Pvt Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org or SMS SAGE to 56767
Originally published at www.sagesoftware.co.in on January 24, 2016.