Sails 0.12.2 will be published later today. At the moment, the pre-release is available when you run
npm install sails@beta.
If anyone wants to try it out and let us know how it goes, the core team would greatly appreciate it!
Oh, and in case you were wondering, this is definitely not an April Fool’s prank. That would be the boringest April Fools prank ever.
Sails v0.12.2 is live on NPM! Here is a quick summary of what’s new:
- [ENHANCEMENT] Allow use of
fnin expanded route targets e1790b7
- [BUGFIX] Add blacklist to “update” blueprint action so that it can be used with primary keys that are not “id” 3625
- [ENHANCEMENT] Allow hooks to be turned off by setting their environment var to the string “false” 3618
- [BUGFIX] Allow view target syntax for routes to specify deeply-nested views 3604
- [BUGFIX] Allow custom bodyParser middleware config 3592
- [BUGFIX] When lifting with unknown validation rule, exit gracefully instead of throwing.
- [BUGFIX] Update validation rules from anchor 3649
- [BUGFIX] Respond with an error if attempting to use
req.file()from a virtual request (i.e. when Skipper is not available). And don’t pass in
reswhen building the mock request, since it is not available yet. 3656
- [BUGFIX] Fix incorrect handling of errors in responses hook. Thanks @tapuzzo-fsi! 3645
- [BUGFIX] Fix error from
routeCorsConfigsometimes being undefined 3662
- [INTERNAL] Replace
readyevent with an async
handleLiftlifecycle callback in order to simplify the behavior of
sails liftand ensure the timing of the “done” callback is correct when using it programmatically.
- [INTERNAL] Massive overhaul of tests. See b033f2d thru e85810a.
- [INTERNAL] Extrapolate ORM hook into sails-hook-orm.
- [INTERNAL] Force asynchronicity in the optional third argument of
res.render()to pave the way for better, request-agnostic view rendering methods. This prevents double-calling of the callback if userland code throws an error. Thanks @lennym! cd413e15435947aa855e27aab16d9cd9e65ad493
- [ENHANCEMENT] Update version of i18n to
- [ENHANCEMENT] Improve auto-migrate prompt, and skip the prompt and log an info message instead if
sails.config.models.migrateis being automatically set to production anyways. sails-hook-orm/commit/3161c34edbe0aa07055f8665493734dda1688c2a
- [ENHANCEMENT] Add production check in case sails-disk is being used, and experimental
sails.config.orm.skipProductionWarningsflag for preventing the warning. sails-hook-orm/commit/9a0d46e135dadf00bc4576341624a31e50b12838
- [INTERNAL] Don’t clone target function in expanded route syntax 6cfb2de
- [BUGFIX] Replace naughty code in implicit default res.forbidden() response; relevant when api/responses/ is deleted. See #3667 for more info. Thanks @Biktop!4767585994c45e7a7040402a057f0e41660d341919
- [INCONSISTENCY] Fix embarassing old link that was being shown when you
sailsapp instance. Thanks @wulfsolter52d45688fcfb6c4437348115f3e9c91595a8d379!
- [INTERNAL] Get rid of a whimsical little
--requirein mocha.opts that must have gotten lost. Don’t ask us how it ended up there. Thanks @markelog! 06837a53b48352de7c46a1be84e87e28a084ffe2
see CHANGELOG.md for more information
Thanks so much to everyone who helped with this release! Even though it was just a patch, it fixed some important usability/consistency bugs, and hit some important milestones in the journey towards Sails v1.0. Stay tuned for more on that this month.