Sample Interview Questions For Mechanical Engineer
Note : Be positive. Never be negative. Practice your answers and time them. Make sure never talk for more than 2 minutes at a time.
(1) Tell about yourself
Start with the present situation and tell why you are qualified for the position. To mention, the key to all successful interviewing is to match your qualifications to the interviewer’s requirement. This is the single and most important strategy in job acquiring.
(2)What is your favorite subject ?
When answering this question give reasons or examples for your choice. But don′t state the obvious. If you are asked why CAD is your favorite one, give more than “Because I like it” or “Because of I′m good at it.”
(3) Where & What you have learned from your industrial training?
To answer this start with where & in which department. Workflow of that department, advantages, disadvantages, information about a product and various types of problems.
(4) What is your minor & major projects
While answering it is important to consider the principles of the project, reasons for your selection, Methodology, Results and Applications, pros and cons & future scope. Be prepared with a topic conclusion.
(5) What do you know about our company ?
As per statistics, 47% of candidates have little or no knowledge of the company they are being interviewed with. Follow these 3 easy tips before your next job interview:
1) Look in the “about us” section and “careers” sections of the company on-line.
2) Visit the company’s LinkedIn page to view information about the company.
3) Search a keyword phrase like “press releases” followed by the company name, and you’ll find the most recent news stories shared by the company
At least you should include the following in your answer:
1. The type of product or service the company sells.
2. Duration for which the company has been in business.
3. What is the company’s culture OR mission statement?
(6) Why do you want to join our company ?
Start your answer by saying that it is one of the reputed and fast growing company in the sector. It has so many branches in India as well as throughout the world. The growth rate of this company is very good in the (count of )years.
(7) Why should I hire you ?
Most critical of all questions.
Whether your interviewer asks you this question directly or not, this is an essential question of your interview because you must answer this question favorably peeping his mind before you will be hired. Walk through each of the position’s requirements as you understand them, and tell each with a reason how you meet that requirement so well.
(8) : Define Carnot engine.
It was an imaginary engine conceptualized by Carnot and this follows the Carnot cycle and provides 100% efficiency.
(9) : Differentiate P11 and P12 Pipes.
P11 the chromium molybdenum composition which has 1% of chromium and molybdenum by 1/4% .
Whereas P12 is the chromium molybdenum composition which has 1% of chromium and 2% of molybdenum.
N.B. Don’t try to memorize answers word for word. Answer them using your own thoughts and words.
All The Best !
If you want to join mechanical courses in Pune, then the CRB Tech Solutions has a reputation in this field for you to consider to up skill in CAD/CAM programs and pursue your career.
Our CAE training center provides the best career in a mechanical field through ourmechanical engineering internships.