18 Thought-Provoking Sales Tips from a Salesforce Sales Leader
By Amanda Nelson
One of the driving forces behind Salesforce’s incredible growth is the innovative work of the Revenue Ops department led by EVP Meredith Schmidt. Meredith has spent the last 15 years famously disrupting the SaaS, finance, and consulting sectors, while earning a reputation as a dynamic and visionary leader. The Revenue Ops team currently operates at 75% no-touch from quote to compensation — on an annual volume that exceeds 1 million orders. That’s serious volume.
In the brand new ebook, Revenue Ops: The Salesforce Way, Meredith shares universal tips that can be easily tailored to supercharge your own quote-to-compensation process. Grab your copy here, and read on to get a sampling of Meredith’s motivational words of advice.
Tips on making positive change
- Just because things have always been done a certain way doesn’t mean that’s the best way.
- A solution that only solves today’s immediate problem might not be the best solution.
- Innovate, ask questions, and challenge the status quo.
Tips on sales automation
- Any time you can automate a task, it frees up people to do their most valuable work.
- Once a customer signs, nobody should have to touch it. It should automatically be provisioned, billed, closed, etc.
- By giving employees the ability to test and share ideas, you’re able to use technology across teams, find patterns, and successfully automate processes.
Tips on your sales focus
- Always remember who your target audience is. This is why you do what you do.
- The end user — individual account executives (AEs), in this case — should always be the center of attention.
- While developing and implementing any process, always be laser-focused on making the end user’s job easier and faster.
Tips on scaling and growing
- Solutions that increase productivity aren’t just about increasing revenue right now; they’re also about keeping up with growing demand in the future.
- Forward-thinking is the best way to ensure that your company is ready for sudden opportunities when they arise.
- Ask growth-related hypotheticals to make sure you’re prepared for anything that comes your way.
Tips on sales leadership
- Empower individuals by giving them a voice.
- There is tremendous value inside each member of your team. Be sure to unleash it.
- Make it easy for employees to provide feedback, report issues, and share ideas.
Tips for choosing sales technology
- Choose technology that draws from a single data source, has the same, familiar UI, and is 100% mobile optimized.
- Integrate your sales technology with other systems to unite back-office and front-office data.
- Complete sales automation comes from an advanced, customized CPQ (configure, price, quote) app, which allows reps to configure quotes and streamline even the most complex approvals process.
Check out some of the sales apps Meredith’s team utilizes on AppExchange, and get a copy of the ebook here.
Originally published at www.salesforce.com.