How to Convert Your Instagram to a Business Profile
Instagram’s Business Profiles have finally gone live! This means that you are now able to add a “Contact” button on your profile and see insights on posts. This update is huge for businesses because users are now easily able to contact you from the app, and you are able to see important metrics to help you optimize your Instagram marketing strategy.
So how do you switch your profile and see analytics? Here’s a step-by-step guide:
1. Log in to your business Instagram account and navigate to settings. If you are using iOS, do this by clicking the gear icon in the top right corner of your profile. If you use Android, click on the “3 dots” icon in the top right.
2. Click on “Switch to Business Profile”
3. Click to connect your Facebook. From here, you will pick a Facebook Page that you are an admin for and confirm your contact details.
4. If you click on the new “Contact” button added to your page, you can see what options users have for contacting you by. To edit this, navigate to settings and click on “Edit My Profile”. Here, you can click on “Business Contact Information” and add, edit, or remove contact info.
5. On your profile page, click on the icon in the top right that looks like a graph to see your account’s “Insights”. Insights are only shown for new posts and you must have over 100 followers to see demographic data.
6. Too see insights for a specific post or to promote a post, simply click on that post and click one of the links shown under the photo. Remember, insights are only available for new posts going forward.
There you have it! You’re Instagram account is now set up as a business account and you know how to see analytics for the whole account and specific posts. If you ever want to switch your account back to a personal profile, it is as easy as repeating steps 1 and 2 and clicking “Switch Back to Personal Account”.
Originally posted on Sam Bres Social on July 22, 2016.