I missed out one opportunity because I lazed-off and forgot the last date towards the end.
The biggest reason why people don’t get into YCombinator is because they don’t apply.
- We all need opportunities
- Unlimited opportunities are out there. Unapplied for.
Idea Baseline :
Let’s meet up once every week for an Opportunity Hackathon. This could be an addition to Rethink Foundation 's Opportunity Project.
- To mark and make time for applying to various opportunities and commit few specific hours every week
- To discuss our prior knowledge on the opportunity and understanding their expectations — this helps in a better application
- To coach on and review each other’s applications
- List of opportunities and their deadline, one ending this week (opcalender and Rethink Foundation reddit boards and wiki + other sources)
- An office space (CITTIC or ReThink office or any cafe)
Expected Outcomes :
- Not missing deadlines
- Applying to more opportunities than one would have, otherwise
- Promotion of the event, helps in better and wider outreach for the Opportunity Project
- Making more effective use (and organic promotion) of our reddit board
One day full of opportunity hacks.