5 tips for raising a puppy
- Patience, Patience, Patience — Patience is the most important part of raising a puppy. Puppies chew, bark, bite, scratch, whine, pee and poop constantly. Understand this is all part of the process and it won’t last forever.
- Energy — Puppies require a lot of energy. They get up early and stay up late and require a lot of walks and trips outside.
- Temperment — You need to have the right temperment to raise a puppy. If you’re quick to get angry or frustrated, a puppy might not be the right pet for you.
- Time. Puppies require a lot of time and can’t be left alone for too long. Make sure you have enough time in your schedule to accomodate rasing a puppy.
- A friend — Raising a puppy all on your own can be intimidating. If you have a friend, or significant other that can help out, many hands make light work.