Mahamrityunjaya Mantra Lyrics and Meaning
Mahamrityunjaya Mantra, also termed as the Tryambakam Mantra, is a prayer offered to the ancient deities viz. Indra, Varuna, and Mitra. This prayer is recitation of names to Lord Shiva, and is believed to overcome death to nourish and nurture human beings from all illness and diseases.
Types of Mahamrityunjaya Mantra
Ekakshar Mrityunjay Mantra
Trayakshar Mrityunjay Mantra
Chaturakshar Mrityunjay Mantra
Navakshar Mrityunjay Mantra
Mahamrityunjaya Mantra Lyrics in English
Om Tryambakam Yajamahe
Mrityor Mukshiya Maamritat
Mahamrityunjaya Mantra Meaning In Hindi To English
- aum = is a sacred syllable in Sanatan Dharma.
- tryambakam = the three-eyed one
- yajāmahe = We adore, honor and worship.
- sugandhim = sweet fragrance.
- puṣṭi = A fullness of life.
- vardhanam = One who nourishes and strengthens health and wealth.
- puṣṭi+vardhanam = The one who nourishes others and ensures their fullness.
- urvārukam-iva = like the cucumber or melon or a big peach.
- bandhanān = “from captivity”.
- mṛtyormukṣīya = Free, liberate From death.
- mā’mṛtāt = immortality.
Mahamrityunjaya Mantra Lyrics in Hindi
ओम त्र्यंबकम याजमाहे
श्रीमती मुंशी ममृितत
Mahamrityunjaya Mantra in Telugu
ఓం త్రయంబకం యజామహే సుగంధిం పుష్టివర్ధనం
ఉరువరుకమివ బబన్ధనత్ మ్రుతోర్ ముక్షియ మమ్రుతాట్
For more Mahamrityunjaya Mantra Lyrics in Tamil and Gujarati