Some of the best things about digital art:
- You can make a copy and change all the colors, rearrange things, erase and add bits, without losing anything.
- You don’t have to store it in your portfolio on the floor, and keep the mice from chewing it.
- You can print it when you need it, and take it to a print service for really cool prints in larger sizes.
- The colors don’t dry out in the tubes ;-(
- You don’t have to buy expensive paper (you pay up front for the computer, and that would buy a lot of paper, but still…)
- You don’t have to wash the brushes.
- You can do color separations if you plan ahead.
- You can carry the iPad Pro to the park, etc, and paint without a lot of equipment.
I actually majored in art in college, mostly to annoy my parents. I made a living through computer programming and copy editing. I studied fabric design at FIT in New York, where I learned all the painting stuff I didn’t learn in college. Colorways with gouache are a true pain in the butt!