Guide to Effective Website Optimization
Website optimization’s goal is not just to bring search engine spiders to the website but it mainly focuses on pushing the website up in the search engine’s rankings. One thing worth mentioning is that this process of optimization is not a one-time procedure, and you will need to perform consistent analysis, tweaks and maintenance in order to ensure that there is no flaw in the optimization.
To elaborate how you can perform better optimization, below described is a generalized guide.
Analysis of target market business
1. First you need to determine how well-positioned you are for search engines. That will require analysis of Meta keywords and Meta description.
2. Perform competitive analysis by examining the keywords, content and position in SERPs of competitive websites.
3. The above steps should give you an idea about the customer base and the market segment you are going to market. Use this information for developing the related search terms.
Keyword research and development
1. Keyword analysis is the first thing that you should take into consideration in this phase. This step involves identification of targeted keywords and phrases. Then you will need to analyze the level of competition related to every keyword. Integrate keywords in common phrases and check their usage by the search engine users.
2. A ranking assessment is required to know where you stand in search engine rankings. Analyze the current position and export this report in the form of an excel spreadsheet. Perform this analysis every 30–40 days. If you see the performance of your website improving, it means the keywords you have used are getting traffic.
Content optimization and submission
1. While creating page titles, ensure that you are focusing the main keyword. That will help you set a direction for other related keywords.
2. You may have a list of keywords and phrases that you need to put in the web pages’ bodies and website’s source code. Make sure that you are appropriately using two to three search phrases in every web page. You may add more pages in order to fully utilize the complete list of keywords. Nevertheless, you will have to make sure that this integration of keywords and phrases in the body of web page doesn’t look unnatural.
3. To ensure better indexing and effective SEO of your website, create sitemap of your website. While HTML sitemap should be OK, you can also create and XML sitemap to make it easier for the search engines like Google and Bing to quickly crawl through the site.
Testing and measuring on continuous basis
After you have launched the website, make sure that you are monitoring the performance of your website continuously. Almost every website tending to show up higher in search engine rankings often undergoes frequent modification changes, and this is what you may have planned while launching the website. To make sure that your efforts are paying off, you need to keep the keywords of your website under consistent check. Sometimes, you might find that a keyword is losing performance. The consistent check will help you replacing that keyword with the better one.