How to install stock Firmware on your Android Phone
There could be numerous reasons for installing stock firmware on your phone like bricking (stuck at boot loop), hanging, or just to give your phone a new look. Whatever your reason for install the good news is that its very simple and doesn’t require a lot of tech understanding.
For demo we will install stock Firmware on Moto E first generation(2014). The process for most of the android phones is more or less same. You just have to select appropriate ROM for your phone.
Please follow these steps very carefully for successful installation. Please note that executing these steps will delete all your data. So make sure to back up your data if your phone is not bricked.
- Install Motorola driver on your Windows PC. Download the driver from here.
- Download stock firmware for Moto E from here. Download the correct firmware for your device. You can get samsung mobile firmware from here. Simple google search and you will be able to get your phones firmware.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on you machine. Please refer this for linux or mac ADB installation. For more detail please refer this.
- Now, restart your Moto E into bootloader mode. To do so, press Power button and Volume down key simultaneously for few seconds (at least 20 seconds) and then release both keys.
- Now, connect your Moto E to your PC via USB cable.
- Now open your terminal and change your working directory to the unzipped firmware directory. After that run below commands in the sequence:
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
You will see ‘OKAY’ message after each successful command run.
After flashing all the files successfully and clearing the data and cache, reboot your device by issuing below command:
CONGRATS! you have successfully flashed the stock ROM on your Moto E. Enjoy!
For other motorola phones firmware you can refer below link: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/recovery-images#