Baked Ziti With Ricotta
I made this for a challenge group I was in on Facebook and loved it! It’s a favorite and something everyone will enjoy.
Portion container count: ⬇️
Portions- 1 Yellow, 1 red, 1 blue, 1 purple
1 lb of ground turkey (cooked)
2- (25 ounce) jars of pasta sauce
1–15 oz tomato sauce
1 pound UNCOOKED penne pasta (wheat)
15 oz ricotta cheese
⅓ cup freshly chopped basil
2 cups of grated parmesan cheese
- Combine ricotta, eggs, and basil in a bowl and stir well
- In a large bowl, combine both pasta sauces and tomato sauce together.
- Grease the inside of a 6 qt slow cooker
- Add 2⅓ cups of pasta sauce to the bottom of the slow cooker
- Add ⅓ of the uncooked penne.***
- Dot on half of the ricotta mixture and spread out evenly.
- Add half of the Parmesan cheese (1 cup)
- Add another 2⅓ cups of sauce mixture
- Add an additional ⅓ of the uncooked penne.
- Dot on the remaining ricotta and spread out.
- Sprinkle on the remaining parmesan cheese (1 cup)
- Add the last ⅓ of the uncooked penne.
- Top with the remaining 2⅓ cups of sauce mixture
- Cover and cook on low for 2–3 hours or until pasta is al dente
- NOTE: If you need to leave it on all day then you can also cook without noodles then boil noodles once home and add the cheese, sauce and meat mixture overtop.
- Serve with a salad or any veggie of choice listed below
- Notes- since the noodles use the sauce to cook in, the pasta may become a little dry once reheated. We just added a bit more pasta sauce when reheating and it was perfect!