CodeNewbie Community and Social Media Manager (remote)
I started CodeNewbie a few years ago to support people learning to code. Two years ago, I quit my full-time job at Microsoft to focus on our amazing community of developers and people learning to code.
We’ve produced an amazing conference, Codeland, the CodeNewbie Podcast, and the Basecs Podcast (with our wonderful co-host Vaidehi Joshi). Now, we’re expanding and looking to bring on a full-time Community and Social Media Manager to help us grow and nourish this community.
If you’ve got community management experience, a marketing background, and have done work supporting the developer community, this is for you ❤
- Develop comprehensive, measurable social media and content strategy based on business priorities and community needs
- Design and implement measurable marketing plans to promote content
- Use data to design and implement short and long term content strategies
- Community management (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Responsible for the health of the community and experience of being a member. Members should enjoy and feel empowered by our content.
- Create, design and produce content including, but not limited to, social media, email, video
- 3+ years of community management experience
- 1–2 years of marketing experience strongly preferred
- Experience creating content for different social media channels
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console required
- Basic understanding of SEO
- Project management experience required
- Passion for building and nurturing developer communities
- Passion and understanding of CodeNewbie’s mission and values.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to adapt and work independently
- Knowledge of link building
- Experience creating graphics and marketing assets with Adobe Creative Suite
This is a full-time, remote position. US applicants only.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Can’t wait to hear from you 🤗