What is Meditation — The Basic Definition
Meditation is a state of being arrived at through understanding. Meditation does not need techniques, but requires intelligence as well as dedication. It is all about understanding the subtle workings of the subconscious mind.
- The only way to know what meditation truly is starts with experiencing the silence that one can achieve through meditation.
- Meditation is a state of no-mind. Mind is not the medium to meditate because mind perpetuates itself, leading to distraction and anxiety if unchecked.
- To meditate, you need a peaceful and calm mind. You will have to detach yourself from your mind to experience meditation. This requires practice and dedication to achieve fruition.
- The true state of meditation realizes “I am not the mind”.
- Through meditation, you can experience the beautiful moments of life such as silence, pure space, transparency, stillness, etc.
- During meditation, you can experience yourself as you truly are instead of how you perceive yourself to be, and the mystery that lies at the core of our existence.
- Mediation is the natural state of every being. Mind is unnatural. It is never in the absolute or the natural state. This natural state is similar to a lost paradise. However, it is possible to bring this paradise of in-the-moment consciousness back by practicing meditation.
Check out https://www.satyamshivamsundaram.net/mindfulness-meditation-training-program-india/ and https://www.satyamshivamsundaram.net/mindfulness-meditation-training-program-india/ to learn more about the upcoming Meditation Teacher Trainings and Meditation Retreats in Rishikesh and Goa at Satyam Shivam Sundaram Meditation Centre under the guidance of Shiva Girish, a modern age Tantra Kriya Yoga Meditation Master.
The Schedule of Meditation Teacher Training Course at Satyam Shivam Sundaram:
12 Days — 100 hours Certified Meditation Teacher Training Certification Course In Rishikesh, Goa India
Certified Training Based On Passive — Active Dynamic Meditation Techniques, Mindfulness Meditations, Seven Chakra Healing Therapy, Rhythmic Breathing, Sacred Sound Healing Thought Mantras, Tantra Yoga Kriyas & Expressive Dance Movements And More.
Tuesday 14th November 2017 Till Saturday 25th November 2017. (Rishikesh) Only Few Seats Left.
Wednesday 14th February Till Sunday 25th February 2018 (Goa)
Tuesday 20th March Till Saturday 31st March 2018.(Rishikesh)
Tuesday 10th April Till Saturday 21th April 2018.(Rishikesh)
Originally published at learnmeditationforbeginners.wordpress.com on November 19, 2016.