Marketing Manager: Blogger/Small Publisher Migration
Medium has increasingly become the default place where people and organizations come to share their stories and ideas with the world. But for bloggers and independent publishers, Medium is becoming more than just a growing network oriented towards meaningful engagement. We offer world-class editing tools, a robust and hassle-free content management system, and constant, always-on product innovation focused on new ways to understand, grow, and engage with audiences — all for free. Soon, Medium will help bloggers and publishers access financial support from readers and brands in order to sustain their impact in the world.
We’re looking for a versatile, experienced marketer to bring our offering to millions of bloggers and long-tail publishers and speed their migration to our platform. This person will use both sides of their brain to develop product marketing and messaging and build out an efficient acquisition funnel that leverages and builds upon Medium’s premium brand.
- Devising and iterating messaging, positioning, and materials to convey Medium’s value proposition to bloggers and long-tail publishers.
- Devising, testing, executing, measuring, and refining scalable user acquisition programs that successfully onboard thousands of bloggers and long-tail publishers.
- Defining goals, metrics, budgets, and reporting for performance-based advertising campaigns.
- Performing user research and market analysis to understand the needs of bloggers and publishers.
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the independent blogging and publishing landscape, including competitive publishing tools, in order to best articulate Medium’s differentiated value.
- Documenting and evangelizing best practices for bloggers.
- Influencing product development by identifying opportunities to speed product adoption.
- Minimum three years in a product marketing, performance marketing, or growth role in a startup environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Design a strong plus.
- Experience collecting and synthesizing user insights and market research to test and improve messaging and positioning.
- Demonstrated success operating efficient user acquisition campaigns across multiple channels, including SEM, display, email, and social.
- Expertise in data-driven marketing execution, measurement and analysis — Excel, analytics tools, A/B testing, etc. SQL a strong plus.
- Strong understanding of the digital publishing landscape and technology ecosystem.
- Entrepreneurial, self-directed, adaptable, and able to flourish in ambiguous situations. Has a growth mindset.
- Able to build strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams and leaders.