Publisher Account Strategist
We’re looking for a digital media expert to manage and strengthen relationships with the growing number of premium publishers making a home on Medium. As the primary point of contact for our strategic publisher partnerships, this person will help with onboarding, provide guidance on effective use of the platform, work with partners to test and collect feedback on new features, and make strategic connections with editorial and revenue growth opportunities.
- Managing and deepening relationships with strategic publisher partners.
- Working closely with Publisher Development to onboard publishers, train them, and become their long-term single point of contact.
- Communicating with publishers early and often about new products, features, and revenue opportunities.
- Maintaining a deep understanding of partners’ business and technology needs, of Medium’s offering, and of the overall digital publishing landscape.
- Documenting and evangelizing best practices for publishers and proactively guiding them on optimal utilization of the platform.
- Monitoring, analyzing, and helping to improve publisher audience and revenue performance.
- Influencing product development by channelling publishers’ feedback and long-term objectives.
This person has at least three years of experience working with independent online publishers in a client-facing capacity. S/he has expert-level understanding of the digital publishing landscape and technology ecosystem. S/he has exceptional relationship management, communication, and customer service skills, and is a highly organized, creative, and motivated worker. People who thrive at Medium are entrepreneurial, self-directed, adaptable, and able to flourish in ambiguous situations. They build strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams and leaders. And they love Medium for its unique opportunities for expression and interaction.