Publisher Partnership Development
Medium for Publishers is a new neighborhood on the Internet — one where the world’s highest-quality and most forward-thinking commercial publishers are setting up permanent establishments amidst a thriving network of thoughtful and authentic voices. Medium’s continuous product innovation on behalf of publishers eliminates the cost of building a standalone website from the ground up and enables deeper investment in professional content and audience relationships.
The Ringer, The Awl, Pacific Standard, and Electric Literature are just a few examples of the publishers hosted on Medium who use our world-class editing tools and robust, hassle-free content management system to understand, grow, and engage their audiences. Now, these publishers can access advertiser- and reader-supported revenue streams through Medium as well.
At Medium, Publisher Development is a diverse team of creators, journalists, and businesspeople who partner with publishers to help them make their home on Medium and access all of the benefits of our network, technology platform, and revenue programs. We are a mission-driven team of doers, united by our passion for professional content and our belief in the need for sustainable business models to support its creation. We are looking for likeminded humans to help publishers join the growing population of professional creators who call Medium their home.
- Forming strategic partnerships to bring publishers to Medium who advance high-quality content and participation on the platform.
- Identifying and cultivating the next generation of digital-native publishers.
- Establishing Medium as the first-choice publishing platform for professional content creators.
- Leveraging relationships, research, and market analysis to understand publishers’ needs and drive alignment with our Publications product offering.
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the digital publishing landscape, including competitive publishing tools, in order to best articulate Medium’s differentiated value.
- Influencing product development by channelling publishers’ feedback and long-term objectives.
You have at least five years of experience working with independent publishers in a partnerships/business development capacity or in a cross-functional role within a digital native publisher. You have expert-level understanding of the digital publishing landscape, and you are deeply immersed in its culture and community. You exhibit outstanding written and in-person communication, and you’re an industry thought leader with comfort and experience presenting to and persuading senior-level audiences. You’re based in NY or SF, and you’re willing to travel.
People who thrive at Medium are entrepreneurial, self-directed, adaptable, and able to flourish in ambiguous situations. They build strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams and leaders. And they love Medium for its unique opportunities for expression and interaction.