1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
“I wonder how much of an open ended question that is. I’d honestly prefer just being alone, if that’s allowed.”
2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
“I’d like to be famous for, I guess doing something to help people out, but I wouldn’t want to recognized well for it. I wouldn’t want like a day given to me, or being a celebrity, I just like to do something that will eventually help somebody else.”
3. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?
“Unfortunately yes, I do that quite a lot. I guess it’s just kind of an OCD thing but I really do feel like that if I don’t rehearse beforehand I’m going to mess up in some way and embarrass myself.”
4. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
“A perfect day for me would be when nothing goes wrong and something goes better than usual.”
7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
“A secret hunch, no, but this might sound a bit weird, I do have more of a wish. I would prefer that I would slowly lose a bit of sanity, not go completely insane but to the point where consciousness starts to waver a little bit, kind of a thread being pulled loose from some clothing article, like eventually that.. I don’t know where I’m going with this.”
8. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common.
“I don’t know what we have in common I barely know you, sorry.”
9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
“I’m grateful that things aren’t as bad as they could be.”
10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
“Having a father would be nice.”
11. Take four minutes and tell your partner your life story in as much detail as possible.
“From what my mom tells me, I was born in Poland, not exactly a forest, just out in the middle of nowhere, like, a really really small settlement that was a house, but we lived like mainly in a cabin in the forest. When I was about I think one or two years old I think we moved out to a new town called Kiltza and I lived there until I was about I believe five.. Yeah five or six. My mom got married to somebody here so we moved over to the United States. Just as a little side note I do have a lot of memories from my childhood from when I was really young, from what other people have told me a lot more than I generally should. Like, I remember still being in my crib, I remember being stung by a bee when I was maybe three years old. There were a lot of things like that, going around my neighborhood, my brother trying to scare me, going over to my great grandparents farm lots of things that I must have been really really young for. So we moved over to here.. I knew basically no English but thankfully there were a lot of Polish speaking people in my class, including my teacher, so it was a bit easier on me than I guess for most immigrants. Ummm so from there I guess not much really interesting has happened so my mom got divorced again a couple years later so I’ve been really just living with my mom for most of my life. Uhh at around I think third grade I had relatively good English speaking skills so not much was a problem from there onward, I always god really good grades in school always exceeded well and i’m here now, I guess.”
13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
“I’d want to know the biggest mistake I make in the future so I can fix or avoid it.”
14. Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
“I can’t really think of much about that, I think I’ve done everything I really wanted to.”
16. What do you value most in a friendship?
“I value someone who tries their best to be a good person, to be honest to be helpful, I don’t really care that much if they actually succeed in it but as long as their intentions are good I really value that.”
21. What roles do love and affection play in your life?
“Well I guess with my family definitely. My mom’s been a very big part of my life since most of the time actually she was the only one there, so definitely a very big part of my life, like I said my main focus is studying so I’ve actually made a conscious effort to stay away from relationships for awhile.”
26. Complete this sentence: “I wish I had someone with whom I could share … “
“I guess, somebody I could share interests with. There aren’t that many people in this school I can completely relate to.”
27. If you were going to become a close friend with your partner, please share what would be important for him or her to know.
“I guess that I do my best to be a nice person, I don’t know if you’ve noticed or not, I’m trying to be polite, I try to play my character relatively safe, but around my friends I do get a bit more course we do many jokes that other people might find offensive we do talk about personal things rather loosely so if that’s something you don’t like you might not want to be friends with me.”
29. Share with your partner an embarrassing moment in your life.
“Oh, I know. Two years ago back in orchestra class we had a relatively free period so I was just on my Ipad playing a game with a friend, you know like multiplayer games so I had my headphones in I was also listening to music you know free period nobody really cares much so um we were talking relatively loudly to each other, but since I had my headphones in I didn’t realize the teacher made a short announcement or something so then somebody tapped me on the shoulder and I realized that I was kind of talking really loudly and the whole class was staring at me.”