Step-by-step to Shopify Competitors Website Success
How to create a successful site
What should any site include to become successful? Convenient for any visitor, with interesting content or the right product, and making profit — directly or indirectly. With all the issues we come to one point — you need a website that will make a profit.
What are the challenges facing your Shopify alternative website?
To become visible among all Shopify competitors, your site must represent you, your business and your products. It should attract those who are interested in your offers, meaning your target audience.
When a user finds your site in the search engine and chooses it among thousands of Shopify competitors, your task is to increase his interest, try to catch his attention and make him a permanent visitor or a buyer on your site.
For example: for a real estate company it’s not necessary to have an online store, but you still need a website, because your target audience will not buy, but will just watch and choose.
Who should design your Shopify competitors website?
• Webdesign studios are different. Web designers and programmers understand little about your business. And the results may be like “OK, Shopify sucks, but dude, d’you really think your website is better?”
• Your friend or a young genius of Shopify competitors website building can create a bright useless toy instead of a serious and catching attention website.
• You can study website building yourself, But … it will take a lot of time, and the result is unpredictable.
Where and how to order a competent Shopify competitors website? 5 principles of choosing the performer
I / we / our company need a website. Where, how and who to build a Shopify competitors website with.
This question is one of the most popular on Internet. Million proposals are for you, both from studios and from freelancers. Unfortunately, most customers do not know basic principles of a successful website.
What is necessary to pay attention to is a choice of a developer, a web designer, a programmer or a webstudio.
1. How your website will attract customers or buyers.
The main requirement for a Shopify competitors website is that it is untwisted in the search, i.e. allowed free to attract all who are interested in your topic on Internet. Note that most sites that go to market and try to become Shopify alternative are unsuitable for this. The question is the following: how can you find out if a particular performer can create a good Shopify competitors website that can be promoted for free?
- If the performer (studio or freelancer) starts to babble something about Direct, Runner or Adwords, as a method of attracting traffic — go away immediately. This is an amateur who encroaches on your income, and such a website will never become a Shopify alternative. Such website can be dazzled on its own by buying software in a box, or even by a free designer. Or you can help any student for free, or for several hundred bucks.
- Ask to show site statistics from the developer’s portfolio.
Pay attention to the number of users who come from search engines, and what their key queries are. And also see the dynamics of traffic — it must grow steadily. Be prepared for the fact that amateurs will try to “hide” this statistics, as a demonstration of his professional incompetence.
A simple rule: if a developer does not have his own untwisted website, then he does not know how to do it. A competent Shopify competitors website can only be done by someone who has at least one untwisted own website.
2. Confidence of visitors
There are ways that increase credibility of a competent Shopify competitors website; one of them is the domain age. The earlier you make the right Shopify competitors website, the sooner you will be on the market. Today you can rarely find websites on the first page of search engines that are under 3 years old. The volume of information on Internet doubles every three years.
3. Shopify competitors website usability convenience and ease of use
This is the easiest way to link visitors to your site. If your Shopify competitors website is understandable, then the visitor feels clever. For visitor everything is comfortable and understandable, and that gives a great chance that he will buy or at least will come back again to your site.
Usability is also not in favor of amateurs. A competent Shopify competitors site should be understandable at first sight, with inconspicuous convenient design and simple navigation. Learn Jacob Nielsen’s “113 points of usability” and check your site on them.
4. Do not contact the “masters” of gray and black promotion, such as:
- “a million links for $ 10”;
- “We will bring your website to the top in 3 months”;
- “take off your website with a rocket.”
Your website runs the risk of being banned forever. And you’ll have to start all over again.
5. If it is difficult for you to choose the performer yourself, webstudio or a freelancer and control their work, contact experienced consultants, as there are many such in the network. When choosing a consultant, pay attention to its experience. Does he have his own promoted website? Get help from his customers.
Let’s go on
We’re going to speak about planning a Shopify competitors website, hosting and optimizing it in order to be different from crowds of sites. So, what are the first steps to make your creation successful?
Clear ideas of what you want to have and how you want to see your business website as a Shopify alternative — it has to meet not only your needs, but also you have to know what your customers need.
- develop a strategy for your goals to comply with your Shopify competitor website
- when making budget, use plans both of business and marketing
- firm budget is compulsory, and include minimum 1000$ for contingent reserves
- domain name should be top-level, with .com ending
2. The build. The design.
Follow three options:
- find a competent web designer and hire him, be ready to fill in some papers for him to understand what you want
- choose a platform and design it with all necessary functionality for subscription
- DIY. Hosting provider and system of management of content (software platform) must be chosen by the owner of the website. So, Do It Yourself!
3. Platforms for building.
You need to read and ask a lot on forums or find a very professional hosting provider.
- obligatory for having is a hosting plan with SLA (Service Level Agreement)
- be careful with the web designer — try to keep him away from hosting in case if relationship spoils
- before you buy a hosting plan be sure that your channels of customer support are tested
- find a professional CMS (Content Management System) and check if your platform is suitable for ecommerce. There are such Shopify competitors websites like Shopping Cart Elite.
4. Availability, effectivity and design.
Trust of the people who visit your website starts with the design. Your task is to persuade all potential customers that the content on your website will satisfy any inquiry. Your sales process will boost up if you think over using the website. Think about the way your website can hold important information for everybody who visits it.
- usable navigation and consistent “About Us” link
- avoid different twists and turns (like gimmicks or Flash) that distract users’ attention
- HTML website map would be a large asset
- website compliance with Web Content Accessibility should be checked
5. Content map.
There different writings for the web. Try to consider in advance what type of content is needed right away, and what will be required in the future.
6. Optimizing your website.
Each site must be compliant to the following standards:
- be friendly with most browsers
- readable on smartphones and tablets
- fast loading
- using CSS and XHTML
7. Attract customers.
To involve people in your website life, there is a practice to send newsletter to emails of users. Promoting a Shopify competitors website must be included into your marketing plan: LinkedIn and Facebook, offline channels and press releases. And don’t forget to use Google Analytics to see the results of your efforts.
Protection and updating your website platform is always at risk because of hackers. So:
- usernames and passwords should be of high level
- plugins, modules and platform software must be up-to-date
- think about possibility of external monitoring software, not only your hosting providers.