SMfm20 — Listener Questions Volume 1
Welcome to Episode 20 where the guests today are actually listeners of this podcast. I asked in my Facebook Group for listener questions they wanted me to answer, and I’m going to answer them in this podcast.
In this episode, here are the questions I’ll cover
- What is the best way to spend a small ad budget ($1,000) when you are just starting out and have no history to learn from?
- What ad structure needs to be in place before you start spending money?
- Is it better to use a landing page that is not a part of your website (i.e. Leadpages) or a landing page on your school website as a destination for online ads?
- What social media tools do I use and what specific data do I collect to improve my work?
- How to track event registrations by source using Google analytics goals.
- How I use Hubspot for development and recruitment purposes.
- How to balance the needs of search engine optimization while not using too much text on your website.
- How to evaluate an outside vendor for market research and data analysis for prospective families.
- What is a reasonable cost and time frame for a new school website?
- Guidance on the creative aspects of starting an inbound marketing program from scratch.
- Should school marketers get involved in product or is that the domain of the Head of School?
- How do other schools use Pinterest?
- What private and collaborative media management platform is out there to assist our MarComms Department to centralize, organize and share memories.
- What percent of a school’s budget should be dedicated to marketing?
- What one MarComms / Admission professional would I hire if I could hire only one?
Items mentioned in this episode include
Links and resources mentioned in this episode
- Facebook Custom Audiences — Facebook for Business
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Audience Insights
- Google Analytics Goals
- Inquiry Magnet: 27 Questions to Help You Evaluate a School for Your Child
- Book: Inbound Marketing, Revised and Updated: Attract, Engage and Delight Customers Online by Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah (Founders of Hubspot)
- 304 Pinterest Topics for Schools
- SEO Tips for School Websites
How to find me:
Brendan Schneider, SchneiderB.com
Facebook Business Page: https://www.facebook.com/schneiderbmedia/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/schneiderb/
Help Me Spread the Word!
If you enjoyed this episode of the SchneiderB.FM podcast, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Do you want to know the secret to creating the best private school website? The truth is, website redesigns don’t have to be long, arduous, can’t-wait-until-it’s-over projects. The secret to avoiding the mess? Planning. Blackbaud K-12 has some interesting ideas on improving the school website redesign process. Whether your school is looking to redesign this year, or in three years, their new eBook, How to Design the Best Private School Website, will help you plan. Please download your free copy today at my special link schneiderb.com/blackbaud.
Disclaimer: I am an affiliate for some of these resources which means that, at no cost additional to you, I make a commission if you purchase via my link below.
Originally published at SchneiderB Media.