When you write for Scotch.io:
- We’ll pay you (rightfully so);
- Your name stays tied to the post forever;
- Get directly in front of our 1MM+ monthly readers;
- We’ll promote and share it.
When you write for just The Pub:
- Use our writing tools to write about almost anything;
- You own the rights to your writing to do whatever you want;
- We may help promote your post, and we won’t run ads on it without your permission;
- Get your post searchable in our Scotch database for content;
- If The Pub grows, we’d like to open it up so you can publish to other blogs too (not just Scotch).
Our Writing Tools:
Write with our beautiful and easy-to-use markdown editor. We will always be improving this.
Content we like:
We like to break our content down into two main taxonomy types: Bar Talk and Tutorials.
Bar Talk consists of:
- Developer and tech news
- What’s New with “____”
Tutorials consist of:
- Top Shelf quality development related tutorials (mostly web but open to others)
- Things like: “Getting Started with ______”
- Things like: “Build a _______ with ______”
- Code samples, demos, GitHub repo examples
We’re really trying hard to grow Scotch as a useful resource for developers..
We’re hoping to get even more great authors this year share their expertise on Scotch.
To all our readers, thanks for all the support so far, we’ll keep pushing forward. Seriously, please consider joining us: