Troubleshooting pod lib lint
You just ran
pod lib lint YourCococapod.podspec
And you are getting weird errors that are preventing validation. Here are things that you can do.
How it works:
It first goes to the podspec within your current directory. If its not there, you will get the following error:
You can either
cd out to a higher up directory, or you can drag in the
.podspec to the current directory. Use
pwd to see where you are.
If it cannot find a dependency you will get this:
If your cocoapod has a dependency on a private pod this error might not be an issue, and you can just ignore this.
What you can do:
- Check and make sure every spelling, capitalization and syntax is correct in both your
- Make sure you provide the correct source in both your
Podfile. The podspec source should point to your .git that stores your project. The
Podfilshould have the source as the master repo that holds podspecs.
- You can list multiple sources for your
Podfile. You might want to include your fork that holds you podspec.
- Run the following to get more detailed explanations.
use pod lib lint --verbose
- Make sure you list dependency pods in your property
s.dependencyno need for the
=. You might notice your podfile pod hooks align with your podspec’s dependency property.