Sales Leads for Startups
Sales Lead generation can be challenging for start-up companies. As a start-up, you have to be smart about your lead generation strategies because you will likely have fewer resources to spend on marketing functions.
Getting your name in front of people while filling your sales funnel can be a demanding process, especially when your business lacks the economies of scale that larger companies enjoy.
Here are some sales lead generation ideas:
- Make your company visible on social media. Take advantage of the mass-adoption of social media platforms. Leverage online communities that hang out on social media platforms and you can utilize them to gain valuable insights into your target market and the industry in general. Pick at least 3 or 4 different social media channels to promote your brand. Which ones you should choose is dependent on which target market your are after and what platforms they tend to use.
- Increase the opt-in offers on your website. Make use of content offers that require contact details for users to access them. Provide various resources such as whitepapers, checklists, tutorials, webinars, newsletters and anything else you can produce that provides value to your audience members. Whatever you choose to produce, make sure that it’s useful problem solving.
- Create hassle-free signup forms. The best practice is to minimize the number of required fields and only ask for the information that your sales team really needs. If your form is too demanding, you’ll scare off potential leads on a regular basis.
- Answer queries through Q&A sites and forums.
- Get your Call-To-Action (CTA) buttons can make a big difference in whether or not someone clicks through to your landing page.
- Create relevant and interactive content.
- Attractive content adds to your credibility and lets people know your brand is more than just another information provider.
- Redirect wandering visitors to your site. Use retargeting cookies such as Adroll to target users who have already visited your site and left.
- Optimize your landing pages by following SEO best practices.
High performing lead generation strategies are hard to come by unless you’re constantly researching and testing new ways to attract prospective customers.
Implementing these strategies can also require a great deal of time and effort, but if you stick to the process, you’ll eventually see your leads tick up and higher conversion rates, which will significantly improve your bottom line.