This smells like a big scam.
- Core developer (wealthy I assume, if he has those smarts).
- House had minimal damage. Covered by a $5000 deductible…not really a lot of money. . Total cost fo those repairs is probably around $5000 or less. “Roof damage to side building”. not “Roof damage to main house structure”. (sounds like he had a tree hit a shed”.
- If you do repair before insurance adjuster has done their assessment, you’re not gonna get reimbursed.
- So, whether he’s trying to pay deductible, or pay for the repairs upfront…raising 5 bitcoin is quite excessive.
- Oh, and then another 3.5 bitcoin, to upgrade internet service for him and neighbors? Wow, that’s sure shooting for the moon!
- Obviously he didn’t need it, because it’s still in his wallet, getting larger.
- Now that the value of his donated Bitcoin has doubled, it might be gracious if he returns the donations.
If it looks like a scam, it’s probably a scam.