Deli Associate Job Description
We are a fast-growing, family owned and operated food service company with over 50 years of experience. Our mission is to provide the best possible customer experience by providing exceptional value and top-notch products. As a company, we believe in creating an environment where people feel welcomed and appreciated while being part of a team who cares about what they do. As a deli associate, you will be responsible for serving all types of food.
The deli associate is responsible for assisting the deli manager in maintaining and cleaning all deli areas. This includes providing food service to customers, as well as serving up fresh meals at the restaurants. In addition, the person in this position will be responsible for helping with daily operations of the deli department, including but not limited to loading/unloading equipment, replenishment of supplies, inventory control, etc.
Detailed job duties include:
- Assist in the preparation of food for delivery.
- Perform a variety of tasks to ensure that all orders are completed on time, within budget and with minimal supervision.
- Maintain cleanliness throughout the restaurant including but not limited to cleaning tables, chairs, floors, counters, etc.
- Clean restrooms as needed or requested by a manager.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to work with others in a team environment
- Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time (up to 8 hours per day)
- Strong attention and coordination abilities required
- Must be able to work independently or under pressure
- Excellent customer service skills are essential
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)