Legal Assistant Job Description
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Legal Assistant job summary
Our busy attorney firm is looking to employ a qualified and passionate Legal Assistant to assist us with our growing workload. As a legal assistant you will have to help our team of attorneys in a wide range of legal office tasks such as handling of documents, office administrative support, telephone email and direct communication with clients and case witnesses, and others. If you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Law paired with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and willingness to work in fast-paced schedule, we would love to hear from you.
Legal Assistant responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Legal Assistant responsibilities
- Provide assistance with administrative office duties
- Arrange appointments with clients and witnesses and
- Handle correspondence and legal documents in absolute confidentiality
- Assist in the preparation of accounting reports
- Keep and edit contact lists and data in our database
- Carry out research/investigations on documents and changes in legislation
Legal Assistant requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Legal Assistant requirements
- Legal Assistant Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience as a legal assistant
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Fluency in Teraview Electronic reg. systems
- Knowledge of proper email and telephone etiquette
- Ability to write at rate of 65+words/minute