THE REMEDY FOR HEARTACHE.
- Avoid the temptation to sit and brood. Doing this reduces the strain on the area of the mind where we reflect, philosophise and suffer mental pain.
- Take up your old associations. Form new associations. Get busy walking, playing, swimming or cycling.
- Lose yourself in a worthwhile project. Fill yourself with creative activity and emphasise on physical aspect of activity. Employ healthy mind-relieving busyness, be sure it is if a worthwhile and constructive nature.
- Give away to grief. Cry when pain/ sorrow comes. Crying is a relief mechanism provided in the body by God.
- Be normal and as natural as possible.
- Turn to God in an attitude of faith and empty your mind and hear to Him. Perseverance in the act of spiritual self-emptying will finally bring healing to the broken heart.
- Gain a sound and satisfying philosophy of life, death and deathlessness. There is no death. All life is indivisible. Time and eternity are inseparable. This philosophy lofts and dissipates grief.
- Make prayer and faith the habit of your life. Learn to have a real fellowship with your Creator.