Mahabaleshwar- Attraction for Tourist
Mahabaleshwar is a beautiful hill station in India’s which is located in Sahyadri mountain range. It includes several viewing points which are listed below:-
- Kate’s Point — This point is famous for its view of Balakwadi and Dhom
- Needle Hole Point / Elephant Point — You can see a natural rock formation with a hole in between. The view of Deccan traps is look like an elephant’s trunk that’s the reason this point is also called as Elephant point
- Wilson Point — It is the highest point in Mahabaleshwar. From this point you can see both sunrise and sunset.
Apart from all this points you can also see Krishnabai temple, 3 Monkey Point, Arthur point, Venna Lake, Pratapgad & Lingmala Waterfalls. If you want to travel from Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar by road then following information is useful for you. There are 2 routes to travel from Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar by Car:-
- Route 1- Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar via Pune
This is the best road. because the journey is on two very good national highways- NH-4 and NH-48. The first highway is Mumbai — Pune Expressway highway (NH 4) The second highway is Pune — Kolhapur — Belgaum — Bangalore-Chennai which is a national highway (NH-4 / NH-48). This route distance is longer compared to second route but this route is safer for travelling compared to Route 2.
2. Route 2- Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar via Goa Highway
Rare preferable road from Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar is the NH 66 (Mumbai — Goa Highway) The route is from Mumbai — Pen — Panvel — Kolad — Mahad — Poladpur — Mahabaleshwar. This distance is 226 km. In short this route traveling is time consuming and dangerous.
Now, you want to travel by rental car then there are lots of travel tourism services provide you cheapest car rentals from Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar which offer you car of your choice.