Text Messaging Service for Customer Support: Statistics Report
Text messaging service provides inbound business text messaging for business. What is inbound business text messaging? It’s when a consumer texts a business for things like support, information, etc. According to the report by OneReach, 64% of consumers with text messaging capabilities (pretty much everyone nowadays) would prefer to use text messaging over a voice call.
In customer support, text messaging help to send passwords, orders, checking balance, confirmation code, order status and other addition supporting information of the business services. Some examples of inbound business text messaging are below.
- Reset Passwords
- Refill Orders
- Check Balances or Due Dates
- Find a Store Location
- Ask a Question
- Make or Confirm Reservations
- Checking Order Status
- Customer Service
People want to Text your business
Infographics by OneReach: The survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Poll on the behalf of OneReach in July among 2000+ adults, ages 18 and older.
Here are some of the key points which pulled from image above. The statistics were gathered by Harris Interactive, and based on a nationwide survey of over 2,000 adults.
- 44% of consumers would prefer to press a button to initiate a text conversation immediately, rather than waiting on hold to speak with an agent.
- 77% of consumers aged 18–34 are likely to have a positive perception of a company that offers text capability.
- 81% of all consumers agree that it is frustrating to be tied to a phone or computer to wait for customer service help.