ALL HAIL ZAYN MALIK
modern Millennial Muslim masculinity
1. Zayn is the first Pakistani and first Muslim solo artist to win the American Music Awards New Artist of the Year award. (tonight!)
2. Zayn is also the first Pakistani and first Muslim solo artist to debut #1 with his breakout single “Pillowtalk” on Billboard #Hot100.
3. Zayn is also the first artist to do so with previous #1 group debut (as part of One Direction) since members of The Beatles!
4. So proud of this moment. We are witnessing American, Muslim, British, Pakistani and human history, which is especially relevant, indelible and curious, given the background context of Trump’s America, Islamophobia, the rise of the alt-right, and New Fascism.
Pride is understatement. Life is Good, God is Great, and Zayn is a G.
#CreepingSharia #MakeMuslimsGreatAgain #MuslimsReportStuff
CALLS TO ACTION
1. Recommend this story. It helps others see the story, lets me know my work is worth writing, reading and recommending and makes me feel validated and fuzzy, because honestly, whose cold, dead heart isn’t instantly thawed and revived by the dizzying dopamine of notifications? Like, share, retweet, lather, rinse, repeat. Also, the doctors say if I don’t feel fuzzy, I’ll die, due to a rare deficiency in social currency triggered whenever my Klout score drops below 70. It’s 67 right now. Not a good look. Do you want me to die?! Didn’t think so.
2. Share this story: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, email, etc.
3. Connect with me: Medium, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, Product Hunt, AngelList, Quora and Quibb. (I think that’s all of them!) Write me via email too! Call or text if you want. (917) 982–3849. I’m always happy to make new friends, listen, support, and be helpful in any way I can. That’s why I’m Medium’s resident cheerleader, duh! :)