CCSF is excited to be working with a leader in talent acquisition!
After receiving six responses to our May 2019 Request for Proposals, we are thrilled to announce that we have issued an Intent to Award to SmartRecruiters!
Here is how the procurement process played out:
- May 15th: Our team published an RFP for a cloud-based applicant tracking system solution
- June 5th: We hosted a pre-proposal conference to provide an overview of our project and answer questions (we wrote about it here)
- July 3rd: Responses were due. We received six responses
- July 11th — August 20th: Evaluation panel rated written submissions
- September 10th — 17th: Based on the written evaluation, the five highest-scoring vendors were invited to interview during this week
- September 27th: The Department of Human Resources issued an Intent to Award
More about SmartRecruiters:
SmartRecruiters is a large enterprise applicant tracking system that will support the City’s 150,000+ job applications per year. Their subcontractor, Deloitte, will build custom modules to support the City’s unique hiring needs.
Some key elements that stand out and support our Hiring Modernization vision include:
- Robust technology to support the system’s ability to speak to other systems
- Extensive ecosystem of tools their clients can access to support hiring needs (e.g., sourcing, assessment and scheduling tools, job boards, etc)
- Adaptable system that will allow us to meet the needs of today and make changes in the future
- Modern, intuitive, mobile-friendly, easy-to-use system. (Their data has shown a 118% increase in applicant volume by offering a great candidate experience, a 53% faster response time demonstrating effective hiring manager engagement and 48% time saved on hiring related activities for HR professionals/recruiters)
- The partnership with Deloitte allows us to make the best use of a software as a service (SaaS) applicant tracking system (ATS), isolate the parts of the hiring process that are unique to CCSF, and custom build a solution using agile best practices
The City and County of San Francisco will now begin contract negotiations with SmartRecruiters. Based on the time taken for other technology projects in the City, this phase can take 3–6 months. We have a lot of work ahead of us before going live with this ATS solution, but we’re excited about the work ahead to help candidates find the right opportunities in government, and to help hiring managers and HR professionals effectively recruit, track, and hire the right talent!
Read more about SmartRecruiters:
- SmartRecruiters recognized as a core leader in talent acquisition
- SmartRecruiters recognized as leader in the talent acquisition systems for large enterprise category
- SmartRecruiters recruiting tips
Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! You can reach the Hiring Modernization Team by contacting Anne Marie, the project team lead at firstname.lastname@example.org
-Micki Callahan, Director of Human Resources