Sharing the 6 career guidelines with my classmate
As we all know “knowledge increases by sharing but not by saving”. As currently being part of Amal Academy I am learning many career guidelines, at the same time I also keep sharing these guidelines with my friends and family members and they are loving it.
Recently I learned 6 important career guidelines that were very useful for me.
1. Do an internship before pursuing a higher degree to confirm if you like that field/industry
2. Don’t do PhD if you want to be an entrepreneur or work in corporate sector
3. Spend at least one year in your first job.
4. Find your passion and align it with your career
5. Decisions are very unique to each person, what’s right for one isn’t right for the other
6. Own your decisions: Don’t let other people make decisions for you and don’t blame anyone else
I wanted to share these guidelines with one of my friend Muhammad Farhan who was struggling to have some career guideline. I made a call to him and asked to meet that evening and we fixed a time to meet.
When he arrived, after greetings, I told him that I have something really special for him and he was very curious to know. His reaction was very good when he came to know that I was going to share 6 career guidelines with him.
Previously he was confused about whether he should work in academics or in corporate world. These tips really helped him to align his career path. By the end of our discussion he was able to identify that he is going for the PHD as teaching is his passion and he should align his passion in his career to have more success.
At the end of our discussion he was very much thankful to me for such important career guidelines. I also shared the link of the course with him and he said he will must go through it. He was also thankful to Amal Academy for such act of kindness.