8 Brands made RENTING cool!
I used to shudder at the thought of shifting to a new city and setting up home whenever I had to move because it is such a huge task. However, today, I am hardly concerned. Why? Because there are some awesome apps and online services that can help me settle down easily, with all my needs taken care of. A few clicks can get you instant services.
Continuing from where I left off in my previous article where I discussed 10 start-ups that have made life easy, here are a few rental services that can make life easier if you are planning to shift to Namma Bengaluru!
1) Nestaway: The first major concern while shifting to a new city is to find good accommodation. If you are planning to come down to Bangalore, the best way to find furnished rented accommodation is through Nestaway. Log onto their website and search for a home that is close to your office and fits your budget.
2) Furlenco: With Furlenco renting premium furniture is no longer a distant dream. Their rental plans start from Rs.1500 per month for a room to Rs. 7500 per month for a 3BHK furniture package. And the rental packages include not only furniture but also soft furnishings and home décor.
3) ZoomCar: If you want to save on some of the cost and hassle of owning a car, opt for Zoomcar. It is a self-drive car rental service which allows you to rent cars by the hour, day, week or month. Moreover, you can pick from a large variety of cars they have on their list.
4) Ezidrive: Traffic is a major concern in a city like Bangalore as it tests one’s patience. If you do not like driving your car, you can hire a driver from Ezidrive. It is one of India’s first ever online booking and automatic SMS confirmation facility provider for call driver services.
5) Portea: If you have been discharged from hospital or you have a patient at home who needs hospital-like care, then you can hire medical services from Portea. You can get some much-needed attention from trained nurses and doctors at your disposal that is hassle-free and easy on your pocket.
6) BHiVE: If you are a budding entrepreneur who does not have enough resources or does not want to invest in huge spaces to operate, opt for shared spaces offered by Bhive. They provide an ecosystem for entrepreneurs and startups to take their ideas to the next level by enabling the startup community to co-work, connect, contribute, collaborate, communicate and commercialize their ideas.
7) Cookfinder: If you are tired of cooking for yourself or ordering food from outside whenever your friend come home or have an important event like weddings, birthday parties, etc., hire a cook from Cookfinder. This is a unique concept where you can hire temporary cooks who can make delicious food of your choice at your place and at your convenience.
8) HouseJoy: In a city like Bangalore, it is a daunting task to find people who provide services, such as plumbers, electrician, carpenter etc. who is reliable and can do a quality job. Even if you find one it is a big headache to haggle with them. However, Housejoy has simplified the process by providing services that range from electrical work to plumbing, computer repairs, carpentry, laundry, pest control, mobile services, house cleaning, etc. The pricing is absolutely transparent, with no hidden costs, which are mentioned upfront.
With such services at your disposal, moving to Bangalore is not difficult!
Shaiju Mathew is an Indian author, social media strategist, blogger, reviewer, screenplay writer, and short film director, known for his 2010 book Knocked Upand short film Planchette. For more information please visit his webpage www.shaijumathew.com or blog www.shaiju-mathew.blogspot.in. You can also check him out on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaiju_Mathew)
image courtesy: http://www.nytimes.com/