Tinder Chats and Useful Hacks..
Over the last few years as a PT I’ve heard a good few stories about Tinder. Some stories of brilliant relationships and even marriages being developed as a result of it alongside a couple of not so successful stories.
As with most things it seems to be a case of how it is used as opposed to the service it offers.
Yesterday while chatting someone about Social Media and the way it can suck time from they said that there is apparently a software that allows Tinder users to put in information on the type of person they are looking for and allow the software to then flick through the profiles for them. Also mentioned the software can supposedly even carry out some of the early conversations for people.
Thus even taking away the need for someone to concentrate long enough to check out some pics!!
Reminded me of an ad I heard a couple of weeks ago where “You’d just need one procedure to get rid of your double chin” with a certain cosmetics company.
What about all of the unhealthy weight hanging around the rest of the body? Or the habits that developed the double chin in the first place?
A well known quote by Jim Rohn is:
“If someone gives you $1,000,000 you better become a millionaire so you can keep the money. Success doesn’t want to hang around incompetent people.”
Could replace the $1,000,000 with a fit body and success with health very easily. It is tempting to look for short cuts or hacks in the latest magic pill, c**p multi level marketing product (that will also make you a millionaire) or thing to put around your stomach which “will vibrate you towards a 6 pack while watching tv”.
Relying on the above is going to leave you incompetent when it comes to your fitness long term and always reaching the next hack to get your results.
Instead you could try “hacks” like:
– Developing a solid sleep routine
– Keeping a food diary and reviewing it regularly so that you can make the necessary adjustments.
– Making exercise a regular part of your weekly schedule. Just moving is better than doing nothing at all. Then build on it.
– Getting plenty of veg into your diet. Particularly the green, leafy variety. Along with good protein sources ideally with each meal.
– Only drinking beverages with zero calories. Ie. water, herbal teas and coffee.
– Regularly review your fitness goals. This will mean you will be more aware of the good choices you need to make amongst the multitude of temptations that are put in front of you every day.
Another famous Jim Rohn quote is:
“If you want to have more, you have to become more. For things to change, you have to change. For things to get better, you have to get better. For things to improve, you have to improve. If you grow, everything grows for you.”
He didn’t say, use every short cut you can to get what you want for a reason…