WHAT ARE THE 10 RULES THAT THE BEST PR AGENCIES FOLLOW IN THE TIMES OF CRISIS?
Today Public Relations has to be viewed through multiple lenses. The digital world has opened up the need for effective PR agencies to communicate and manage the brand’s image by carefully addressing the crisis the company is dealing with.
Here are the 10 rules that the top PR firms are following to manage a brand in times of its crisis:
- The two-way street: Communication is a two-way process. The best PR companies talk through the crisis rather than just sweeping it under the carpet.
- Real-time action: Today’s audience is impatient. They want real-time solutions rather than waiting for weeks before they have an answer.
- Being informative: It is important to be as informative as possible. If you’re not informative somebody else will be and you will lose business to another organization.
- Listen, listen, listen!: Listen to what others are saying and publishing through press releases, to what they’re not saying, and where they are and are not saying it.
- Get responsive: When you properly combine real-time and two-way communication, you tend to get responsive and so will your audience.
- Sincerity, honesty and integrity: Sincerity, honesty and meaningful apologies go a long way. However, actions speak louder than words; you have to prove what you say.
- Human interaction: Forget the corporate and legal talk. Forget hiding behind a logo. Your audience expects to hear from humans behind the brand.
- Adaptability and flexibility: The digital landscape changes often and quickly. Thus, it is important to incorporate adaptability and flexibility into your corporate culture.
- Social media friendly: Social media dominates the dissemination of news and information in a crisis. Making your crisis communication strategy social media friendly is essential.
- Internal communication: Internal communication between the management and PR agency must be clear, crisp and concrete. Internal communications are key to crisis management.
This is the ten-step model that top PR agencies across India are following for success. Public Relations companies in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai and Delhi have employed these steps in their PR crisis plans for greater reach and engagement. The PR job market has opened up beyond expectations. There are thousands of job applicants who want to work for the list of big PR companies across the world. While people are seeking lucrative careers, it is only the top talent that will get placed in the top 10 public relations companies.
This ten-step process has worked miracles for companies who are looking to combat crisis that their brand is facing. It’s a must follow plan for those PR managers who are looking to add value to the brands they manage.