If You Need to Know — You Will
Not too long ago, I put together a free report for visitors of my website.
In that report I talk about the three things you can do to ease the chaos in your mind.
One of those things being, “Turn Off the News Media”
In the report, I state…
“In reality, not only is the majority of the news reported bad but it also has no immediate effect on your life. And if it were something that did have an immediate effect on your life, believe me when I say this, you would find out about it by a source other than the news media.”
Well once again, my theory has been proven correct.
On Friday April 8, 2016, as I was scrolling through Facebook, I saw a post…
2 Dead After Active Shooter Reported at Texas Air Force Base
I immediately clicked on it to then find out it happened at Lackland AFB.
You might be wondering what difference that makes.
Well I am about to tell you.
My son is there for bootcamp and about to graduate.
The second I started reading the article — my heart sank.
And ALL the fearful thoughts you can imagine came over me like a tidal wave.
Fortunately, I have learned to control my thoughts because had I not, my mind could have very easily run as wild as a herd of Mustang horses.
Yet even though I was able to not let my mind get too far out there, I still had the thoughts…
Why wasn’t I a better mother…
I wish I would have…
I can’t believe my husband encouraged him to…
What if something happened to him…
When was the last time we talked and what did we say…
I had more than those but you get the picture.
It is every mother’s nightmare for something like this to happen.
I am relieved to report, about two hours after the incident occurred, I received a phone call from my son letting me know that he was safe.
And I also want you to know, that I was reminded of some very important things today that I want to share with you:
1. Turn off the news — you don’t need all that bullshit clogging up your mind. If you need to know something, YOU WILL — trust me.
2. Your thoughts do not have control over you. You have the power and complete capability to control what and how you think.
3. Tell your peeps, YOU LOVE THEM, when you have the opportunity because you never know when it will be the last time.
4. When another person asks for prayers because of something they are going through — PRAY for THEM regardless how big or small it seems to you — because any support you can give them is comforting.
5. Have compassion because until you walk a mile in someone else shoes, you never know what is going on inside of them, unless they tell you. And rampant, uncontrolled thoughts can truly wreak havoc on a person’s life.
Be well and say a prayer for the victims who couldn’t call home to tell their loved ones they were safe.