Making Trim Healthy Mama a Lifestyle and Not Just the Next “New Thing”
Since starting Trim Healthy mama in 2012, I lost 30 pounds Yeah! But since that time I have gained 20 pounds back. Yikes! Now my problem is not with the THM plan itself. It works! The problem is me.
My Struggles in Making Trim Healthy Mama a Lifestyle
As I have searched my heart I realize there are some areas that I need to address:
1. I lack discipline and good habits (as far as eating)
I am really good at starting things, but not so good at finishing or maintaining. So my hope is that by challenging myself to focus on one or two habits at a time, that I can develop more discipline and get some good habits in place.
2. I am always striving for the next “New Thing” instead of being content with what works right now.
My problem when I start new things is that I tend to plunge right in and go all out — making so many new recipes and eating just right to stay on plan — but I go about it in a way that is not sustainable. I have fun with the “newness” of THM, but when I start to wear out and get weary with keeping up, then I default back into bad habits and begin searching for the “next” thing. This is silly, because I knowthat THM works. So I am sticking with it and making some changes in ME instead!
My Plan to Change That
So here is what I am going to be doing. Since I really need to work on instilling some good habits in regards to my diet and making this a lifestyle instead of just “something new to try”, I will be choosing one or two habits to work on each month. I will only move on to the next habit when I have mastered the one(s) I am working on and it has become a part of my lifestyle.
Please understand that this is my own plan of action, and not one recommended by Pearl or Serene of Trim Healthy Mama. I know my own weaknesses and therefore am choosing a plan to address those areas that I need to develop habits in the most.
Habits I Will Be Working On
- Drinking a quart of GGMS every day
- Drink 6–8 glasses of water daily (this amount includes my GGMS)
- Make all my snacks Fuel Pull (until I get snacks under control)
- Take my vitamins daily
- Make all my breakfasts “on plan” with THM
- Make all my lunches “on plan” with THM
- Make almost all my dinners “on plan” with THM
- Exercise 15 minutes a day
- Go to bed by 10 pm every night (this one is for later, after the Olympics is over!)
Habits I’m Working on in August
These are the habits I am focusing on this month, and how I am going to go about it:
Drinking a quart of GGMS every day
- Make sure I have some Wild Berry Zinger Celestial Seasonings tea on hand for my GGMS.
- Make a quart of my version of GGMS after breakfast each morning so that I can sip on it all morning.
- I set up habits in my Habits App on my phone. I set up an item to remind me to fix and drink a quart of GGMS every day
Drink 6–8 glasses of water daily
- I set up a habit in my Habits App on my phone. I set up 3 daily items, for different times throughout the day, to remind me to drink a large glass (16 ozs.) of water.
Make all my snacks Fuel Pull
I do want to note here that I will not keep my snacks as FP forever. This is just while I am trying to get things under control. I know that I can enjoy some yummy S and E snacks as well, but for now I am sticking to FP to keep it simple.
- Make a list of FP snacks so I can quickly glance at it for ideas when I am hungry.
- Make up some snacks ahead of time so I have something ready to grab!
- I set up a habit in my Habits App on my phone. I simply added one that says, “Had FP Snacks” or something like that. Then at the end of the day I can check it if I kept all my snacks that day to FP!
What about you?
Are you struggling right now too? If so, let’s do this together! Choose a habit or two that you want to focus on this month and share them in the comments!Remember…the focus is on changing me, not the plan! The plan works…it’s methat is the problem!
I will try to blog about my progress each month, so that I can keep myself accountable and encourage you all on this THM journey as well!
As always, you can view all my Trim Healthy Mama stuff over on my Trim Healthy Mama page!
This post first appeared on www.SheriGraham.com.