Parallels between Donald Trump & Calvin
I have just realized that POTUS Donald Trump and Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes have a lot in common:
- Both have a mental age of about 6.
- Heedless of consequences.
- Both cheat — and cheat badly. (In one strip Calvin is fed the wrong answers from another student, and doesn’t notice)
- Both seem to think that all games (politics) turn into Calvinball — noted for not having any predictable rules.
- Calvin believes anything his dad tells him. Trump believes anything he sees on TV.
- Both have a rich fantasy life, filled with alternative facts, and visions of violence and destruction on people who thwart them.
There are some differences:
- Calvin has a much better vocabulary, and tends to speak in complete sentences.
- Calvin doesn’t hold a grudge.